Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Its frustrating gilerrrrrr....

I am at the training centre at KnowledgeComm in PJ. This is the last day of a 4 day session on Crystal Report IX- Report Design Fundamental and Business Reporting Solutions. I wanted to learn and gain new knowledge as I am needed to create reports. I didn't put a high expectation towards the training. As long as I can digest and comprehend what its all about then that would be great! Well 1st day itself ... I am like "what the heck" ... and then second day same thing ... 3rd same thing and today .. I am so pissed off at the trainer. I have never raised my voice to a trainer before. This is the first and I hope the last. Okay .. you're not a BusinessObjects trainer or maybe not even a Crystal Report Certified Professional etc ... okay I understand but the least you could do is come prepared for the training! This is what I and other trainee observed:

  1. Training material was only given after morning break which was around 10++ am.
  2. Poor communication skills. He did not guide us properly through the training materials.
  3. Do not follow sequence of the training materials. He jumps from one section to another.
  4. Could not provide satisfactory answers to questions. All he says if he can't handle the situation is to walk away from you or say "I'll get back to you on that" .. which he doesn't.
  5. Gives incorrect answers/input when enquired. E.g I asked whether we can change report template if we have already completed the report and we don't want to use the current one . So can we change the template w/o having to redo the report. You know what he answered .."No can not .. you have to redo" .. Kamal Najib was like "HUH?" and I'm like "What?????". After the trainer moved on ... Kamal showed me where to change the template w/o redoing the report. Boddow or not this trainer??? Comprehend my question or not????Even if I talk in Manglish also .. sure you can understand ...
  6. Do not guide us with the Practice section and we ended up not understanding how to solve the questions.
  7. Do not use teaching and learning facilities .. like .. Projectors .. or show us one by one on screen.
  8. I was able to find solution while he was tinkering away on his notebook trying to solve questions.
  9. Show us non workable solutions which led me and my collegues to be frustrated and upset!
I'm going to give a very bad feedback after the end of this training. I want another replacement training.. farrah said if I'm not satisfied .. they'll slot me in another training session FOC. Yeah ... I want that and hope I won't get the same trainer.

1 comment: